If you don't see an answer to your question below please contact us at: email@example.com
Wednesday October 21st - Sunday, October 24th
Texas Music River Ranch
2415 Sandra Ln
Webberville, Tx 78653
The Texas Music River Ranch is just 23 minutes for Austin-Bergstrom International Airport!
LEAVE NO TRACE POLICY
Solarpunk Summit Leave No Trace (LNT) Policy
There is no garbage collection service at Recreation Destination.
It is up to all of us to remove all Matter Out of Place (MOOP). We rely on all attendees to share in the responsibility to line-sweep their camps and the conference area.
Everything you bring might become MOOP: tent stakes, bottle caps, ashes, wood debris, orange peels, cigarette butts, pistachio shells, sequins. It all has to go.
We can only be successful if everyone steps up to the challenge. Leaving No Trace demonstrates our community’s commitment to the environment. Pack it in. Pack it out.
What to pack (and what to leave at home)
- Bring reusable bottles, cups, plates and flatware.
- Bring trash bags for your MOOP.
- Avoid bringing small plastic bags, paper, disposable drink cups, or anything that can blow away in the wind.
- No styrofoam please.
- Post a MOOP bag at your campsite.
- If you smoke, bring a mint tin to collect cigarette butts and ashes (yes, ash is MOOP).
- Plastic milk or water jug with a handle is ideal for collecting MOOP around your camp
- Toilet paper may go into the toilets but any other necessary items (tampons, baby wipes etc.) need to be packed out in a MOOP bag.
Do more with Less:
- Structures — Select construction materials and decorations that are reusable (they’re cheaper in the long run!). If you can’t reuse them, make sure they’re recyclable.
- Food and Water — Minimize kitchen waste and clean-up by planning simple meals and preparing food in advance. Eliminate unnecessary packaging and store food in reusable containers. Bring water in reusable containers. Avoid single-use bottled drinks.
· Clothes and Costumes — When considering costume options, be mindful of MOOP. Things that can be particularly problematic include feathers, glitter, sequins, beads, bindis, body gems, glued-on stuff, fake eyelashes, etc.
WHO SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT ATTEND SOLARPUNK SUMMIT
Solarpunk Summit is a gathering of the absolute best of us who are choosing to set our gaze forward, integrating the lessons of the past without getting caught in the shame and blame spiral. If there's a villain in your story and that's where you place your attention, you may feel out of place at the summit.
All flows are welcome at Solarpunk Summit. Because we cover so many diverse topics, it's a gathering of many tribes. Our common intention for a radically optimistic future is what binds us all.
We value diversity in perspectives, aesthetic preferences, and lifestyle choices. We are all connected and the Solarpunk Summit container is a place for us to come together and showcase what makes our individual tribes special!
Yes! The Solarpunk Summit is an all-ages event. We even have specific events for kids to participate in each day! BUT anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A legal guardian must have proper documentation. No exceptions.
Here is a link to our volunteer application.
3-Day passes include tent camping and parking.
No, there will not be lockable storage on site.
Yes, there is a lost and found station on-site.
No alcohol will be sold at Solarpunk Summit.
The venue charges a fee of $5 per vehicle to be paid onsite.
There will be some food vendors at Solarpunk Summit, however, we encourage you to bring your own food supplies.
Additionally, some of our epic attendees will be operating a communal vegan kitchen! Bring 5 lbs of food items to donate to the pantry and access delicious healthy meals throughout the event.
CAMPING & ACCOMMODATIONS FAQ
No, you don't have to camp with us! We think it's best if you stay in the container but we understand if camping doesn't work for you. Our venue is a short distance from Austin so there are plenty of hotel accommodations to choose from!
If you live nearby, you're welcome to stay with us each day and head home at night!
Yes. You may RV camp! Outdoorsy is an RV rental service that conveniently provides drop-off and pick-up service!
Tent camping site: camping is community-based and completely primitive. There are several fire pits and tables which can be shared.
RV camping site: 20′ x 50′ and include water and sewage.
Yes, you may camp in your car. We will have a certain area of the parking lot marked for this specifically.
No idling cars. Day or night!
Fires are allowed in existing fire pits provided by the park. If you are unsure about whether you can have a fire please ask a staff member before starting one.
Enclosed propane grills are acceptable in the camping areas but NO open flame or charcoal grills will be allowed.
CAMPING SUPPLY LIST
- Sleeping Bag
- Blankets & Pillows
- Air Mattress
- Foam Ear Plugs
- Carpet or Tarp
- Lanterns and/or Flashlights
- Shade Structure
- Beach/Lawn Chairs
- Folding Table
- Duct Tape
- Led Lighting
- Solarpunk Campsite Decorations!
- Insect Repellant
- Trash Bags (Rec Plant is a "leave no trace" venue. You must dispose of your trash off-site!
- Spare Toilet Paper
- Toiletries Bag
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet Wipes
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Dried Fruit
- Peanut Butter
- Snack Bars
- Trail Mix
- Gum & Mints
- Reusable Cups, Plates, and Utensils
- Pain Reliever
- Cold Pack
- Allergy Medicine
- Prescription Medicines
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Reusable Utensils!
- Pots & Pans
- Trash Bag ( Pack it in, pack it out!)
- Can opener
- Zip-Lock Bags
- Biodegradeable Dish Soap
- Comfortable Shoes
- Rain Gear
- Comfy Sweaters
- Comfy Socks
- Guitars, Drums, Flutes, and other instruments
- Body Paints
- Glow Sticks
- Safety Pins
- Solarpunk Decor
PHOTO AND DRONE POLICY
By attending the Solarpunk Summit you consent to being filmed and or photographed, whereas your image, voice, and likeness may be used for promotional purposes.
Any photography or video taken at the Festival, whether in digital or analog format, is subject to a mandatory, non-exclusive license to Solarpunk Summit for use in promotional purposes.
Any artwork or performances sponsored by the Festival or taking place on Festival grounds is also subject to a mandatory, non-exclusive license to Solarpunk Summit for use in promotional purposes.
All photographers using 360-degree cameras, DSLRs, or cameras with detachable lenses are required to have media credentials to take pictures or video at the Festival.
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all festival attendees, artists, and staff, the Solarpunk Summit and Solarpunk Summit Strictly prohibits the operation of or use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), also know as “Drones”, on, from, or above festival grounds without specific written permission from an official of Solarpunk Summit. This includes all UAVs regardless of size, weight, or purpose. If you are found to be using or in the possession of a UAV or “Drone” while at the Solarpunk Summit, it will be confiscated and held for the remainder of the event.